What can I expect from the process of obtaining cosmetic veneers?
A beautiful smile is not always a guarantee in life. Fortunately, cosmetic dentists such as the team at Knoxville Smiles at Malone & Costa Dentistry have options available to help you achieve your goals. With aesthetic options such as porcelain veneers for imperfect teeth, we can disguise issues within the smile on the teeth near the front. Knowing what your cosmetic dentistry options are can make it easier for you to achieve your goals.
What are porcelain veneers?
Drs. Stephen Malone, Michael Costa, and Breanna Costa are delighted to offer patients many different options when seeking aesthetic changes to the smile. With porcelain veneers, imperfections can be covered easily with thin shells. Veneers bond onto the front of the anterior (front) teeth to disguise common defects, including:
- Permanently stained teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Misaligned or gapped teeth
- Short or unusually shaped teeth
Before & After Results
Do porcelain veneers look natural?
Porcelain is commonly used in dentistry because of its ability to mimic the appearance of natural tooth enamel. It is opaque and has the right finish to blend in with the smile. We match the size, color, and shape of the patient’s existing teeth in the smile, so the placement of the veneers will blend in beautifully!
What can I expect when getting cosmetic dental veneers?
The process of obtaining porcelain veneers is easy and includes the following steps:
- Consultation appointment. First, our team needs to assess your situation to determine if you could benefit from porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are best for patients with an otherwise healthy smile free from disease and decay. An examination may include dental x-rays to check the health of the teeth beyond what the eye can see.
- Preparations. Once patients decide to move ahead with porcelain veneers, preparations begin. This is the filing down of the front of the tooth before taking impressions. Models made of the tooth requiring the veneer are sent to our onsite laboratory with specific information to make the veneers exactly as needed. Sometimes, we will place a temporary veneer over the prepared natural tooth to protect it while waiting for the final restoration.
- Placement. After the porcelain veneers are ready, you will return to the office for placement. We will clean the tooth before adhering it with special bonding. Once it is firmly in place, we check to see if any adjustments need to be made. We provide aftercare instructions and specific recommendations to keep the veneers beautiful for many years!
Work with a Knoxville, Tennessee, area practice to obtain quality porcelain veneers!
Cosmetic veneers are a great way to change the appearance of the smile. If you reside in the vicinity and wish to discuss veneers or other aesthetic procedures, we welcome you to dial (865) 426-1776 to schedule a meeting at our office located at 264 South Peters Road. We are open to new and returning patients in the area of Knoxville and look forward to working with you!
Share this Article
Back to Porcelain Veneers Page