Dr. Stephen Malone
Dr. Stephen Malone received his Doctorate of Dental Medicine Degree from the University of Louisville in 1994 and has practiced dentistry in Knoxville for over 20 years. He believes in the value of continuing dental education and has pursued hands-on and mentored advanced dental education every year since earning his doctorate. He participates in multiple dental study clubs and professional organizations, where he has taken a leadership role.
Among the continuing education programs he has attended, The Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education is noteworthy. He was the youngest dentist to earn the status of Pankey Scholar at this world-renowned post-doctoral educational institution, and he is a member of its visiting faculty, a lead faculty member, as well as an Essentials Coordinator.
Dr. Malone’s intense study in specialty treatment areas and general dentistry enables him to provide you with high quality, comprehensive dentistry in a way that puts you, the patient, at the center. Not only does he care for you and about you, but he also intentionally takes time to understand your concerns and goals, and to collaborate with you in developing a plan for your mouth that will provide optimal oral health, comfort, function, and esthetic beauty for the many years to come.
General dentistry is often – and incorrectly – believed to be just about teeth. Rather, it involves studying, diagnosing, treating – and preventing – problems with teeth, gums, mouth, jaws and adjacent parts of the body. In his work in our Knoxville office, Dr. Malone is supported in this work by an exceptional team of professionals.
His credentials are as follows:
- Pankey Scholar of The Pankey Institute
- Visiting faculty member at The Pankey Institute, where he facilitates the postgraduate learning of other dentists from across the nation and around the world
- Lead faculty member at The Pankey Institute
- Essentials Coordinator at The Pankey Institute
- Past chairman of the Board of Directors of The Tennessee Technology School of Dental Assisting
- 3M Corporation True Def Scanner international faculty member
- Public speaker for dentists and associated groups
- Leader of dental mission team to Suriname, South America
- Member of the Knoxville Pankey Study Club
- Member of American Dental Association
- Member of the International College of Dentistry
- Member of Tennessee Dental Association
- Past president of 2nd District Dental Society
- Member of the 5E Study Club of Knoxville
Dr. Malone and his wife, Lisa, have two sons, Davis and Grant and a dog named Luke. Dr. Malone’s hobbies include photography, boating and spending time with family. He enjoys speaking before and mentoring other dentists, as an encourager of patient-centered and comprehensive oral health care that takes into account the patient’s whole health and entire oral health circumstances.
“Hands down, after over 20 years of practice, I can honestly say that my favorite part of our practice is the relationships I get to experience with my patients and my team!”