Enjoy services such as implant-supported dentures in Knoxville, TN area practice
Implant-supported dentures are a highly desirable option for patients who need tooth replacement but want a permanent and properly functioning solution. Drs. Stephen Malone and Michael Costa of Knoxville, TN work directly with patients to help them determine if the implant-supported denture service is appropriate for their needs. In this article, we will cover the cost, process, and benefits of implant-supported dentures.
What are implant-supported dentures?
The team at Knoxville Smiles at Malone and Costa Dentistry in Knoxville, TN describe the implant-supported denture as a highly individualized and customized solution for a patient’s smile when all the teeth in the dental arch have been lost. The implant-supported denture differs from a traditional denture in many ways, as it is held in place with implants and not denture adhesives. It is also a more conservative appliance that is kept in place permanently, ensuring confidence in eating all one’s favorite foods!
How much do implant-supported dentures cost?
There are many factors that go into determining the cost of implant-supported dentures. This includes how many dental implants are needed for the denture, if bone grafting needs to be done prior to placement to prepare the jaw for implants, and coverage that patients might have through their dental insurance policy. All of this is discussed with the dentists and front office team to help patients understand the out-of-pocket costs for their new smiles!
What is the process of obtaining implant-supported dentures?
Obtaining implant-supported dentures is a process.
- Consultation. First, patients will have an initial evaluation with the dentists at Knoxville Smiles at Malone and Costa Dentistry to determine if they are proper candidates for treatment. Patients should have enough bone structure to hold the implant, which is determined with dental x-rays.
- Oral surgery. The dental implants are placed in the bone of the jaw along the dental arch. This then requires some time to heal, during which the bone wraps around the implant to hold it firmly in place.
- Placement of appliance. A conservative denture is made to the specifications of the dentist and patient to fit over the dental implants. They snap into place, ensuring the best fit and function. Patients may need some time to adjust to the feel of their new implant-supported dentures but find them to be much easier to use and care for than traditional full dentures or partial dentures they may have used in the past.
What are the benefits of implant-supported dentures?
There are several advantages to implant-supported dentures. They are:
- Highly stable and functional
- Held in place with implants, not messy denture adhesives
- More conservative
- More natural-looking
- Easier to care for
Schedule a visit with our team at Knoxville Smiles at Malone and Costa Dentistry
Knoxville, TN patients considering implant-supported dentures are encouraged to book a consultation appointment with Drs. Stephen Malone or Michael Costa to discuss the benefits of this treatment. The office is located at 264 South Peters Road and can be reached for an appointment at (865) 426-1776.
Share this Article
Back to Blog Articles Page